The Best of Costa Rica
This example itinerary packs in the diverse highlights of Costa Rica. From the volcanoes and coffee region surrounding San Jose and Arenal’s volcanic landscape, to the mysterious and vibrant Cloud Forest of Monteverde and Tamarindo’s tropical beaches; you’ll soon discover the sheer beauty and attraction of Costa Rica.
- Meet & greet at the international airport, transfer to your hotel.
- Overnight in San Jose & self guided tour of the city’s highlights.
- Go over details of your program, Q&A session with local guide.
San Jose may not be at the top of your travel bucket list but you will more than likely have to stay there for at least one night when traveling in Costa Rica. As the capital of Costa Rica, San Jose acts as the logistical center to reach the rest of the country. But do not despair…San Jose, referred to as Chepe by the locals, is a cosmopolitan city that combines the coffee culture of a North American city with the liveliness of a Central American capital. Make the most of your time in Costa Rica’s capital city, enjoying a fresh cup of coffee, soaking up the atmosphere of the local salsa bars or taking time to explore San Jose’s rich history and architecture.
- 2 nights in or around La Fortuna, beautiful wildlife near Arenal.
- Hike along the base of Arenal Volcano in the Arenal Nat’l Park.
- Relax in the natural hot springs lodging near the foot of Arenal.
Staying in or near to the lively town of La Fortuna that sits in the shadow of the ever-present Arenal Volcano is a stunning experience. Surrounded by beautiful scenery at the foot of the mighty Arenal Volcano during your stay you’ll take a half day tour, hiking through the rainforest of Arenal National Park along the base of the Arenal Volcano. You’ll also have time to freshen up in natural hot springs and enjoy a delicious buffet dinner with the stunning volcano providing an unforgettable backdrop.
- 2 nights at the magnificent Cloud Forest of Monteverde.
- Twilight wildlife tour of Don Juan Coffee Estate with nature guide.
- Visit one of Costa Rica’s finest working coffee plantations.
Enjoy the alpine-like climate and astonishing landscapes of Monteverde while exploring the world’s most famous high-altitude cloud forest. During your stay in or around the town of Santa Elena, you’ll visit the Don Juan Coffee Estate to learn about the secrets of planting, harvesting, washing and drying the world-renowned Golden Coffee Bean of Costa Rica. Nature in Costa Rica is everywhere and you’ll experience the diversity of the wildlife on an evening nature hike with a local guide to seek out the nocturnal wildlife on the property of the Don Juan Coffee Estate. We recommend adding to this trip an optional guided Sky Hike tour or zip line tour that will take you high up into the Cloud Forest canopy.
- 3 nights in Tamarindo staying near to the golden beaches.
- Spot wildlife paddling through verdant mangrove and estuary.
- Optional turtle nesting tour or simply relax on heavenly beaches.
Staying in lively beach town Tamarindo will introduce you to the beauty of Costa Rica’s Pacific Coast. Tear yourself away from the heavenly golden sands and board a kayak to go out on a half day tour through the protected reserve of the Tamarindo Mangrove and Estuary where you’ll be able to spot all species of animals from pelicans and monkeys to iguanas! From beach hopping along the coast to taking to the waves with a surfing lesson or depending on the time of year, see turtles come ashore to nest. Tamarindo is an easy-going town that will keep you entertained from the moment you arrive until when you have to say your goodbyes.
How to Customize or Quote this Example Tour
Customize the Experience
Add Days & Excursions
Change Your Hotels
Find a Different Tour
- Costa Rica